The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has released the official recruitment notification for the clerical cadre posts for 11 participating Public Sector Banks on September 1, 2020.
Each year, lakhs of candidates apply for the IBPS Clerk exam and only a handful are able to qualify. Unlike in previous years, this year, the number of vacancies releases are comparatively less. 1500+ vacancies have been released for the 2020 recruitment, whereas a total of 12075 vacancies were released in 2019. This has made the competition tougher this year.
Candidates who have applied for the exam this year must start with rigorous revision for the upcoming examination and ensure that all the topics are covered and thorough revision of the same is done.
Applicants must also analyse the previous year minimum qualifying marks and accordingly prepare themselves. To check the IBPS Clerk Cut Off for past recruitment, visit the linked article.
In this article, the exam pattern and the most effective tips to ace the clerical cadre exam have been discussed for the candidate’s reference and assistance.
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2020
The selection process comprises of two stages:
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination
The exam pattern for both the phases is given below:
|The phase of the Exam||Name of the Test||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration for each exam|
|Prelims||English Language||30||30||1 Hour (20 minutes per section)|
|Mains||General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|Reasoning and Computer||50||60||45 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
The marks scored in prelims are only qualifying in nature. The final merit list is based on the marks scored by candidates in the Mains phase of the examination.
Tips To Ace IBPS Clerk Exam
Given below are the most effective preparation tips to excel in the upcoming clerical cadre exam conducted by IBPS:
- Scrutinise the syllabus and ensure that all the topics are covered well and questions based on the same are solved.
- Get the best books and study material for your preparation.
- Make proper notes for self-study. Understanding self-made notes are easier in comparison to bookish notes.
- Review the previous year question papers. These papers are easily available on various online platforms and will enable the applicant to analyse the important topics and exact exam pattern.
- Schedule a time table, ensuring equal distribution of time for preparation of each subject. Since there is sectional cut off, an equal focus must be given to each subject.
- Regularly solving mock tests based on the latest exam pattern and syllabus are highly recommended.
- Refer to video lectures in case you need assistance. These video lectures are easily available online.
- Take up a free online quiz regularly. The marks scored in these will help candidates analyse their strengths and weaknesses and review their performance based on the marks scored at the end of the quiz.
However, the best and the most effective way to prepare is by solving the IBPS Clerk Mock Test. These will enable candidates to apprehend their performance on a daily basis and accordingly improve their preparation each day.
With an increased number of candidates, the competition and the standard of the exam is automatically expected to elevate. Thus, candidates must put in a lot of hard work to excel in the upcoming IBPS Clerk exam.