A psychological therapy which is used to help resolve the distress in the relationship between couples is termed as couples therapy. The main purpose behind this therapy is very good and kind. Some are mentioned below:
- Restore the standard of functioning in between the couples
- Remove to distress causing conflicts
- Provide solutions to problems like- domestic violence, poor communication, alcoholism, anxiety and schizophrenia etc.
- Identify the matter for dissatisfaction between each couple
- Implement a proper plan for treatment to alleviate the displayed symptoms and restore a healthier relation in between each of them
- Assist the couples related to complaints like sexual problems, difficulties in communication
Precautions are quite necessary before availing the services of the therapy. Some precautions that should be taken by the couples during the couples therapy are as follows:
- Honesty is the best policy. The couples should be honest with the therapists and give him all information whether big or small related to the relationship
- Attending the sessions on time without any delay
- For a successful outcome the couples should have the desire to bring about changes in the relationship
- It is very essential to show willingness towards betterment of the relationship
- To follow the process with great care and attention
The therapy creates a comfortable environment which makes the couples hear and understand one another despite the disagreements. Two aspects which is to be kept in mind is to communicate well with each other and resolve the differences in a very caring and respected way.
The therapists are the real guides who help in the most trusted and fair way to the couples whether married or not. These experts try their best to help an individual change his or her attitudes for the betterment.